top of page
ABOUT ME: Welcome
As a data controller, Maksim Karliuk is committed to giving the utmost attention to the security and protection of your privacy and processes your personal data in compliance with applicable privacy and personal data legislation.
Personal data we collect and process are: email address; first name; last name. Personal data is collected for the following purposes and using the following services:
By filling in the contact form with their data, the user authorizes the data collector to use these details to contact the user, as well as to reply to requests for information.
By filling in the subscription form with their data, the user authorizes the data collector to use these details to contact the user.
Mode and place of processing the data
Methods of processing
The data controller takes appropriate security measures to prevent unauthorized access, disclosure, modification, or unauthorized destruction of the data. The data processing is carried out using computers and/or IT enabled tools, following procedures and modes strictly related to the purposes indicated. In addition to the data controller, in some cases, the data may be accessible to certain types of persons in charge, involved with the operation of this website (site administrator) or external parties (such as third-party technical service providers, mail carriers, hosting providers) appointed, if necessary, as data processors by the data controller. The updated list of these parties may be requested from the data controller at any time.
Legal basis of processing
The data controller may process personal data relating to users if one of the following applies:
- Users have given their consent for one or more specific purposes. Note: Under some legal rules the data controller may be allowed to process personal data until the user objects to such processing. This, however, does not apply, whenever the processing of personal data is subject to European Union data protection legislation;
- Provision of data is necessary for the performance of an agreement with the user and/or for any pre-contractual obligations thereof;
- Processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which the data controller is subject;
- Processing is related to a task that is carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the data controller;
- Processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the data controller or by a third party.
In any case, the data controller will gladly help to clarify the specific legal basis that applies to the processing, and in particular whether the provision of personal data is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract.
The data is processed at the owner's operating offices and in any other places where the parties involved in the processing are located.
Depending on the user's location, data transfers may involve transferring the user's data to a country other than their own.
Users are also entitled to learn about the legal basis of data transfers to a country outside the European Union or to any international organization governed by public international law or set up by two or more countries, such as the UN, and about the security measures taken by the owner to safeguard their data.
If any such transfer takes place, users can find out more by checking the relevant sections of this document or by contacting the data controller.
Personal data shall be processed and stored for as long as required by the purpose they have been collected for.
- Personal data collected for purposes related to the performance of a contract between the owner and the user shall be retained until such contract has been fully performed.
- Personal data collected for the purposes of the owner’s legitimate interests shall be retained as long as needed to fulfill such purposes. Users may find specific information regarding the legitimate interests pursued by the owner within the relevant sections of this document or by contacting the owner.
The owner may be allowed to retain personal data for a longer period whenever the user has given consent to such processing, as long as such consent is not withdrawn. Furthermore, the owner may be obliged to retain personal data for a longer period whenever required to do so for the performance of a legal obligation or upon order of an authority.
Once the retention period expires, personal data shall be deleted. Therefore, the right of access, the right to erasure, the right to rectification and the right to data portability cannot be enforced after expiration of the retention period.
Researcher. Consultant. Philosopher.
The rights of users
Users may exercise certain rights regarding their data processed by the data controller. In particular, users have the right to do the following:
- Withdraw their consent at any time. Users have the right to withdraw consent where they have previously given their consent to the processing of their personal data.
- Object to processing of their data. Users have the right to object to the processing of their data if the processing is carried out on a legal basis other than consent.
- Access their data. Users have the right to learn if data is being processed by the data controller, obtain disclosure regarding certain aspects of the processing and obtain a copy of the data undergoing processing.
- Verify and seek rectification. Users have the right to verify the accuracy of their data and ask for it to be updated or corrected.
- Restrict the processing of their data. Users have the right, under certain circumstances, to restrict the processing of their data. In this case, the data controller will not process their data for any purpose other than storing it.
- Have their personal data deleted or otherwise removed. Users have the right, under certain circumstances, to obtain the erasure of their data from the data controller.
- Receive their data and have it transferred to another controller. Users have the right to receive their data in a structured, commonly used and machine readable format and, if technically feasible, to have it transmitted to another controller without any hindrance. This provision is applicable provided that the data is processed by automated means and that the processing is based on the user's consent, on a contract which the user is part of or on pre-contractual obligations thereof.
- Lodge a complaint. Users have the right to bring a claim before their competent data protection authority.
Details about the right to object to processing
Where personal data is processed for a public interest, in the exercise of an official authority vested in the data controller or for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the data controller, users may object to such processing by providing a ground related to their particular situation to justify the objection.
Users must know that, however, should their personal data be processed for direct marketing purposes, they can object to that processing at any time without providing any justification.
How to exercise these rights
Any requests to exercise user rights can be directed to the data controller through the contact details provided in this document. These requests can be exercised free of charge and will be addressed by the data controller as early as possible and always within one month.
To contact the data controller, please see contact page
Latest update: November 9, 2021
bottom of page